Aims at improving the market access of target communities to the intra-regional and international markets of livestock and livestock products.
- Connecting livestock markets in the country;
- Developing and/or rehabilitation of marketing infrastructure (holding grounds, sales yards,) and livestock border crossing points between participating countries.
- Linking Market information systems across the region
- Eestablishment of model marketing groups and livestock commodity value chains for organic beef chains.
- Development of regional and intra-counties policies to support livestock trade, sharing of resources and animal management. The project will support alternative asset protection mechanisms by introducing pastoralist to â€œstoreâ€ some of their assets as grain through the ware house receipt system.
- Improvement of access to credit through collaboration with microfinance agencies.
- Pilot trade livestock identification and traceability across borders.
- Improve certification (sanitary and phyto sanitary) by enhancing the capacity of veterinary border control units.