This component aims at enhancing drought-related hazards preparedness, prevention and response at the national and regional levels through dissemination of early warning information on drought disasters.
- Strengthening and harmonizing the Early Warming and Response systems at the national and regional levels, including developing and operationalizing contingency plans for effective responses.
- Harmonizing, mainstreaming and institutionalizing policies related to Disaster Risk Management and build longer term capacities for climate change prediction and adaptation through better knowledge management.
- Enhance regional, national and local early warning and response mechanisms for disaster risk management by developing a risk profile for each county to inform vulnerability and response.
- Support adoption of best practices and interventions acquired from regional capacity building workshops.
- Integrate traditional early warning into the conventional early warning system in each county.
- Support counties to develop contingency plans for imminent disasters.
- The project will support the development of county and national food balance sheets and reporting system.